Sunday, August 10, 2008


Well things are moving along nicely on all fronts.

PMI
On Friday, I received confirmation that my audit with PMI has been approved and I am now eligible to take the PMP exam. I can schedule it immediately but I'll wait a few days so that I can better gauge the amount of study time I need to be ready. I'm already probably about 75% ready, but I'll schedule it this coming Tuesday or Wednesday, and probably take the final exam around the end of August.

Fitness Plan
On the exercise front I'm progressing nicely on both the C25K and the 100 pushups.


I completed Week 2 Day 3 of the C25K with no drama. I have to slow down a bit going forward because I'm reaching 90% of maximum heart rate by the end of the last running segment. In order to keep going 70% - 80% would be better. W1 D2 of the pushup challenge also went well. I'm doing this on the off days from the running. I did about 42 this time with no major problems

The nice thing about the combination of these two plans is that on alternate days I'm taxing different muscle groups thereby allowing recovery time for each group.

The other great point of the combination is I'm betting both upper body and lower body workouts with the pair, as well as aerobic and strength training.

That combined with sensible eating have allowed me to drop 9 lbs. in the last 3 weeks. I have a lot to go but I'm pretty psyched up about it.

Toronto FC

Finally, to top off a great day yesterday, my sport's passion, Toronto FC hade a very unlikely road victory in Colorado yesterday afternoon. The team started the match with only about 5 of their regular starters. The rest were either away on international callups, injured, or suspended.

This team has generally been sucessful at home and lbeak on the road. 3 road victories in 1.5 years up until yesterday. We've also gone through a dry spell at home lately.

So, certainly a win was unlikely in Colorado with so many reserve players playing.

The game is held at altitude and yesterday it was 95 degress at the start of the match. Toronto had 2 additional starter injured throughout the game with Ricketts going down with leg craps and defender Tyron Marchall with what looked like a leg or hip injury.

Regardless of the hardship, the youngsters that came in played a marvelous game, and new comer Chad Barrett scored an absolute world class free kick to the top corner from about 30 yards out. Congrats to TFC for a marvelous victory.

No comments: