Tuesday, August 19, 2008




I completed W4D2 today. The run is identical to the W4D1 run. I went a similar route to the lake and back. I tacked a iittle extra on to the end so the day exceeded 5k because I wanted to get my congratulations from Paula Radcliffe on my Nike+. (It's funny how we all like a little pat on the back, even if it's from a microchip synced to a little voice clip. The run went very well. No problems, ready to walk after my final 5 minute run, but almost felt like doing another set. My pace was slow, but I'm very conscious of getting ready to run non stop, and I think that is the key versus speed right now. Once I'm doing the 5k non stop I'll start thinking about pace a bit more.

On a completely different note, last night I watched Simon Whitfield in the Olympic Triathlon at the magnificent Mings Tomb Reservoir northwest of Beijing. (I have Simon's blog linked on the right)

What a marvelous race! Whitfield is the Canadian Gold Medal Triathlete from the Sydney games 8 years ago. He's still one of the top 10 in the sport. This race came right down to the finish as Whitfield trailed 4 runners by about 15 meters with about 200 meters left. He put on an amazing kick and quickly took the lead. Two runners dropped off and German Jan Frodeno eventually beat Whitifeld by about 5 meters with an incredible sprint. Still, Whitfield is very pleased with the Gold here, and has shown a tremendous ability to come up big when it count.s Have a look at his blog...he's quite a guy. Well Done Simon. I'm going to need a Simon Whitfield audio Clip for the ipod one of these days!

No comments: