Sunday, August 17, 2008

Earlier I mentioned an October race. I'm happy to say it looks like I'll be having my son in law Mike join me in the event. We'll be running the Run for Hope http://www.5ksmrunforhope.com/?ksm on October 13. That's Thanksgiving Day here in Canada, and it's probably good to get the run in before the annual feast. Mike is pretty long and lean. I'll probably see him at the start and by the time I finish he'll be cooled down and ready hit the road. We also will be tracking that race as part of the Phedippidations World Wide Half Marathon, Zen Run 10K, and "Kick the Couch" 5K road race.

If you have a chance list to the Phedippidations Podcast. www.steverunner.com Steve Runner (actually Walker) has a marvelous podcast that he posts weekly. He's been doing it for about 3 years and it's an incredibly enjoyable, well produced program that includes running interviews, discussion, humour and music, as well as some of Steve's generally philosophy. I'm amazed his podcast hasn't been picked up by NPR or some other public broadcaster. It's that good. Thanks Steve!

On my exercise front, today I competed W3D1 of the one hundred pushup challenge. I did a collective 64. Nice change from my 6 during my test before day 1.

No comments: