Sunday, August 17, 2008

I completed W4D1 of the C25K program this morning. After my excitement in the last run I went into this one with a little trepidation. I addressed all of my mistakes from the last run, in that I took some of the asthma medication about 15 minutes before starting, I wore my MIO Heart rate Watch and above all, I started out slow.

The run went pretty well. It's a big step up from earlier runs in that it has 2 sets of 3 and 5 minute running segments. So, for the first time you are asked to go 5 minutes non stop.

I found the first one OK but I was pretty much done as I was into the 2nd one. I managed to complete it, but that was all that was in the tank. Again, as with past runs I'm walking further than the day's program and this time the entire run ended up being about 4.81 kilometers. I took a total of 41:55 minutes. The overall pace that my Nike + calculated was 8:42 min/km.

It will be interesting to see what the time for a 5k will be when I don't have all the warm up, walk segments and cool downs in my October 11 race.


No comments: