Saturday, August 23, 2008

Week 5 Day 1 of the C25K is officially now in the books.
With a long post run cool down I went 5.2 KM in 46:06 at a 8:51 pace and burnt 559 calories.

Enough of the facts though, this run was pretty hard. I managed to get through it although I walked about 10 seconds late in my last 5 minute running segment.

The workout consisted of a 5 minute walk followed by 3 5 minute runs separated by 2.5 minute walking breaks. I then follow it with about 15 minutes of walking... which obviously lowers my overall per KM pace.

Today was a pretty hot run. 25 degrees Celsius and 70% humidity therefore felt like 33. (91.5 Faherenheit) Whew!

I'm definitely looking for the moderate temperatures of late September early October.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good job keeping with it at those temperatures. It really does make it a lot harder!

Patrick Batty said...

Thanks Melly and I appreciate you stopping by.